Best of Switzerland
- Wilhelm Tell Express,Bernina Express,Alpine switchback
- Gornergrat Bahn,Lake Geneva,Jungfraujoch,Aletsch
- Tour Details
- Optional Tours
- Departure Date
Day 1 : Arrive Lucerne Arrival in Lucerne - the heart of Switzerland – by train 1st class from the Swiss border or airport. Overnight in Lucerne.
Day 2 : Lucerne Day at leisure in Lucerne. Overnight in Lucerne.
Day 3 : Lucerne - Lugano The Wilhelm Tell Express (historic paddle steamer or motor boat) takes you from Lucerne to Flüelen. On board you receive a CHF 19 worth meal voucher redeemable on board the boat. Continue your journey by train 1st class to Bellinzona and further to Lugano with its Mediterranean flair. Overnight in Lugano.
Day 4 : Interlaken - Montreux The Bernina Express of the Rhaetian Railway takes you along the UNESCO World Heritage route. Enjoy an Alpine switchback ride, taking you from a land of swaying palms to one of towering glaciers. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Day 5 : Montreux - Zermatt Board the Glacier Express and enjoy one of the greatest rail journeys in the world. A 7½ hour rail journey takes you across 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2033 m to Zermatt. Overnight in Zermatt.
Day 6 : Zermatt Today the Gornergrat Bahn, Europe's highest open-air cogwheel railway, takes you up to the Gornergrat 9.339 km away. On the viewing platform you are surrounded by 29 peaks rising to above 4000 m. Overnight in Zermatt.
Day 7 : Zermatt - Montreux Rail journey to Montreux on the shore of Lake Geneva in the French part of Switzerland. Overnight in Montreux.
Day 8 : Montreux - Interlaken The GoldenPassLine train takes you through mountain villages to the Bernese Oberland. Overnight in Interlaken.
Day 9 : Interlaken The journey to the Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe, at 3454 metres Europe's highest altitude railway station, is a highlight of your visit to Switzerland. It offers visitors a high-Alpine wonderworld of ice, snow and rock, which can be marvelled at from vantage terraces, the Aletsch Glacier or in the Ice Palace. Overnight in Interlaken.
Day 10 : Interlaken - Zurich Take the train to the lakeside discovery metropolis Zürich and enjoy some time at leisure. Overnight in Zürich.
Day 11 : Depart Zurich Return to Swiss border or airport for flight back to home.
- Swiss Card Best of Switzerland (8 transfers) in 1st class from/to Swiss border or airport
- Seat reservation Wilhelm Tell Express incl. meal voucher CHF 19, Bernina Express (train + coach), Glacier Express, GoldenPassLine Montreux-Interlaken
- Excursion to Gornergrat + Jungfraujoch
- 2 nights each in Lucerne, Zermatt + Interlaken, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 1 night each in Lugano, St. Moritz, Montreux, Zürich, room, bath or shower/ WC, breakfast
- Voucher 20% reduction for entry to Swissminiatur in Melide
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25-50% of the regular fares.
- Airfare & Airport Taxes Excluded.
- Meals other than those listed in Inclusions.
- Any Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges etc.
- Drinks, tips, laundry, porterage, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature.
- Peak season/Convention period surcharges extra.
- Visa Cost
- Travel Insurance
- Any other services not mentioned in Inclusions